Scriptures for Meditation
The Joy Room/Corner 3- Joy in the Moment
– Isaiah 12:6 – Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.
– Isaiah 24:14 – They raise their voices, they shout for joy; from the west they acclaim the
– Psalm 43:4 – Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.
– Psalm 71:23 – My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you, I whom you have
– Psalm 90:14 – Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
– Psalm 92:4 – For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.
– Psalm 100:2 – Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
– Ecc. 8:15 – So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun.
– Ecc. 9:7 – Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it
is now that God favors what you do.
– John 17:13 – “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world,
so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them!
Bible Character for Study
How did Jesus relate to him/her?
as his Deliverer, his strength
He caused Paul to sing songs even in prison because Paul was attached to His strength and Pleasure.
What problem did he run into?
Men empowered by the devil were trying to arrest Paul and stop the gospel. They came after him against and again: stonings, beatings, drownings, imprisonment, riots...
Paul was also hindered by false teachers, false apostles, and several quarrels with partners in the Lord (i.e. Peter, John Mark...)
How was he healed?
His heart and body were healed by standing transfixed before the Lord in steadfast joy and faith.
While Paul was imprisoned he sang songs of praise to God.
Tool(s) that got him there:
Revelation that joy was his strength, even enough to open prison bars
Perseverance and Boldness against the devil
Faith to "count it all joy"
What is God illustrating through his life?
Paul spent time with Jesus being healed.
The devil's attacks against him were in fact God's joy (in conquering them)
He endured many hardships in his life because the Joy of the Lord was truly his strength.
What is God teaching me through his life?